I pledge the following to you, as your elected representative on Fredericksburg City Council.
I understand that as City representatives, we are entrusted with protecting and preserving the integrity of the City. I will honor this trust by not only upholding my Sworn Oath of Office, but also following the Ten Basic Principles listed below.
In my conduct toward everyone with whom I deal, I will:
- Remember that my actions and demeanor reflect upon the integrity of City Council.
- Take no action that will result in or create the appearance of personal gain or conflict of interest.
- Communicate openly and civilly, listening to all views, seeking common ground as a starting point.
- If we disagree about a subject matter, resolve to disagree without being disagreeable.
- Reject all bigotry, discrimination, or prejudice.
- Avoid any conduct that offends the dignity or decorum of City Council.
- Abstain from inappropriate displays of emotion or unbecoming language.
- Return telephone calls, e-mails and other communications as promptly as I can.
- Treat everyone as I want to be treated – with respect and courtesy.
- Abide by all laws, rules and regulations affecting my private and public life.